Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dang them Gilmores...

Okay, so you are born. You learn to walk, to read, that girls have cooties, how to hit a slider, that girls don't have cooties, algebra, driving, mom's weep at graduation, keggers are fun, jobs aren't... and then it seems to level out. You are adult, but you don't feel so much different. Very gradually, you've become an adult.

But then one day, out of nowhere, someone walks in and slaps you in the face with a giant rolled-up newspaper featuring a headline in giant black print that reads "You are OLD!!!"

It's not gradual and it hurts.

Tonight, watching Gilmore Girls with my girlfriend, I discovered this about myself. I am old. I am a fogey. A crusty old man. And I am NOT comfortable with Rory as a sexual being.

Just ain't right, dagnab it! Pass me a cane.

No comments: