Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sooner-Loser...

I just got my new Lexus RX400H, but returned to the dealer the next day, because I couldn't figure out how the radio worked. The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated.

"Watch this," he said. "Nelson!"

The radio replied "Ricky or Willie?"

"Willie!" he said... and "On the Road Again" came from the speakers.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd say "Beethoven" I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said "Beatles" I'd get one of their awesome songs.

One day, a couple ran a red light, and nearly creamed my new car, but I swerved in time to avoid them. I yelled A**HOLES!" and....

"Boomer Sooner" blared out of my speakers.

GO POKES!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Bite Me! I have NEVER rubbed salt in your numerous football loses, yet you must in mine. Let me reiterate, Bite Me!

Auz E. Moto said...

To be clear, hon. I'm not making fun of the OU football team. I'm making fun of the University of Oklahoma...the WHOLE thing.

But I should also remind you that you can't rub salt into the football wounds of an OSU fan. WE are a BASKETBALL school. We love our wrestlers and baseball players too, and yes we support our football team. And its a wonderful surprize when they actually do well, but we never expect that of them. And certainly not this season. Heck, we just BARELY beat Montana State. Come on, THAT is sad.

The only really consolation is that no matter what, at least we aren't Sooners... (and remember, you may have grown up in Norman, but you are a Cowboy too.)